tHe crooKed WorD

As of April 30, 2014 we will no longer be posting reviews on tHe crooKed WorD. Reading is like breathing for us - and discovering new books and authors has been a wonderful adventure - but the time has come for us to move on. Thank you for your support, for allowing us into your lives, and for letting us influence in some small way the contents of your bookshelves.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Fairest

Fairest (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #2)Fairest (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #2)
by Chanda Hahn

Published June 1, 2012

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall,
Who is the Fairest of them all?

In the sequel to UnEnchanted, Mina Grime discovers that all is not fair when it comes to the Fae and their tales, especially when they don’t all play by the rules. Barely surviving the Story’s first fairy tale quest, Mina still has hundreds to go before she can end the curse on her family. But a new player arises to challenge Mina while new rules revamp the game she has just barely begun to understand.
All the while, people are mysteriously disappearing, including Jared, whom Mina must finally determine to be friend or foe. And with the loss of her greatest weapon, Mina must try to outwit a deadly hunter. Can Mina survive the most difficult quest yet while protecting those she loves from falling victim to one of the lethal tales of all? Or will she become a pawn when she strikes a bargain with the Queen of Fae?


* * *

This is really shaping into a good series.


Book 2 was not a disappointment, which I was worried about. There were still some editing problems, and I admit I got a little frustrated with the overly-jealous thing, but it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the story.


We get a few more answers in this book, which I loved. And, can I just say, I love Jared? Wake up, Mina!


While I enjoyed the whole book, the ending seriously made it for me. Read it. You'll see what I mean.


The biggest question I'm left with is: When can I read book 3?


4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment