tHe crooKed WorD

As of April 30, 2014 we will no longer be posting reviews on tHe crooKed WorD. Reading is like breathing for us - and discovering new books and authors has been a wonderful adventure - but the time has come for us to move on. Thank you for your support, for allowing us into your lives, and for letting us influence in some small way the contents of your bookshelves.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Feature: Twilight


Friday Feature is where we share books we love that have been out for several years. We don't want these treasures to get lost just because they aren't babies anymore!

Twilight
by Stephenie Meyer
Hardcover, 498 pages
Published October 5th 2005 by Little, Brown and Company
Bella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Bella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Bella, the person Edward holds most dear.

Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.

***

Okay, I realize Twilight isn't really an old book, but everyone's read it so I figure it's perfect for our Friday Feature. Even if I could figure out how many times I've read this book, I'm not sure I would admit to it. The story is classic and it's a fun way to distract myself from everyday life. A couple times I've pulled it out knowing that I didn't have time for a big book but thinking since I've already read it I could just read a little. Wrong. Even after a few readings I still can't put it down! There isn't much to say- the characters are fun and the plot doesn't disappoint. If you're one of the few who haven't read it, you should!

5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment