tHe crooKed WorD

As of April 30, 2014 we will no longer be posting reviews on tHe crooKed WorD. Reading is like breathing for us - and discovering new books and authors has been a wonderful adventure - but the time has come for us to move on. Thank you for your support, for allowing us into your lives, and for letting us influence in some small way the contents of your bookshelves.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Bulletproof Mascara

Bulletproof Mascara: A Novel
by Bethany Maines

400 pages
Published March 2, 2010

Join Nikki Lanier and the employees of the Carrie Mae Foundation as they cross the globe, escaping danger, death, and a few bad men — all while fighting for the rights of women everywhere.

* * *

This book is right up my alley. Guns, check. Cool 007-like gadgets, check. Spies, triple check.

I loved every page of this book. I laughed so hard my kids wondered what was wrong with me. I didn't want to put it down.


The plot never got boring, and I couldn't read it fast enough. More, please!


5/5 stars

1 comment: