tHe crooKed WorD

As of April 30, 2014 we will no longer be posting reviews on tHe crooKed WorD. Reading is like breathing for us - and discovering new books and authors has been a wonderful adventure - but the time has come for us to move on. Thank you for your support, for allowing us into your lives, and for letting us influence in some small way the contents of your bookshelves.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Shattered

Shattered (Dream Realm Trilogy, #1)
by Sophia Sharp

Published June 18, 2011

Laura Cubus was perfectly content with her life. A junior in high school, she felt perfectly normal. She had good friends, a great family, and did well in school. Nothing particularly exciting ever happened where she lived, and everything was stable.

But that all drastically changes when a new student arrives at Laura's school. Wild rumours swirl about his past, and Laura becomes determined to find out the truth.

As she gets to know the mysterious student, he shares with her an ancient secret... one that may yet put both of them in grave danger.

And for the first time in her life, Laura is exposed to a completely unfamiliar world. She is swept away on an exhilarating journey that takes to a place where romance and great destiny may yet await... and where supernatural powers run rampant. 


* * *

I started reading a sample of this on my Kindle, and I was enjoying it. Then the sample ended. I decided it was worth the small price of the book to be able to finish it, so I bought it. Before long (and to my annoyance) I discovered: vampires.

Now, don't get me wrong. I still enjoyed the book, I just wasn't looking for another book about vamps. That said, I was sucked in and I found myself wrapped up in the story.

Will I read the rest of the trilogy? Yes.

3.5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment