tHe crooKed WorD

As of April 30, 2014 we will no longer be posting reviews on tHe crooKed WorD. Reading is like breathing for us - and discovering new books and authors has been a wonderful adventure - but the time has come for us to move on. Thank you for your support, for allowing us into your lives, and for letting us influence in some small way the contents of your bookshelves.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Deep Blue Secret

Deep Blue Secret (The Water Keepers, #1)
by Christie Anderson

351 pages
Published July 29, 2011

California teen, Sadie James, thinks her life couldn't get any better. She has great friends, an energetic mother she adores, and the beach practically in her own backyard. But her carefree life is turned upside down when she's rescued by a mysterious and strangely familiar boy who won't even tell her his name.

Each time the boy appears, Sadie's unexplainable attraction to him deepens along with her need to unravel his secrets. The boy is there to protect her. But as wonderful and exciting as it might be to have an irresistible boy with crystal green eyes protecting her every move, every minute of the day...why does Sadie need one?

As Sadie finds answers, she realizes her life isn't as perfect as she thought. Not only is she caught in a world of dangerous secret agents she never knew existed, but it turns out her true identity may be the greatest secret of all.



* * *

This was a fun, quick read, that kept my attention and filled me with questions right from the start. Many of them were answered throughout the book, but not all of them. Gives me more incentive to read the next one! (Which I didn't really need. I'm very excited for it!)

I hate to give spoilers, so I won't. I will say that I really enjoyed the whole idea of and around this book. It really got my imagination going. Oh, and I loved Rayne!

If the blurb gives you any desire to read this, I highly encourage you!

4/5 stars

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a really great book, and I can't get over the cover. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete